Reclamation Resource Ministries
The world we live in is not the world of a decade ago. The church is facing issues your grandparents would never have imagined the church would have to face. In 2019, Bible Doctrines To Live By has asked Mike Levenhagen of Reclamation Resource Ministries to partner with us to help churches and ministries minister to those misled and confused with the LGBTQ+ agenda and lifestyle.
Read his welcome letter HERE.
Mike and Kathy Levenhagen
What It's About
Not everyone who has homosexual feelings desires to be gay. Unfortunately, both Christians and non-Christians are told they have one of two options. The first message is that they were born gay and they need to accept themselves the way God created them. God loves and accepts them the way they are. This leads to homosexual strugglers to accept a false identity and denies them any hope for change.
The second message is that God hates homosexuality and hate homosexuals. The only option is for homosexuals to stop choosing to have those feelings, or at least not give in to the urge to sexually act out on their desires. This results in shame, condemnation, and isolation, leaving homosexual strugglers to suffer in silence.
We want to offer another option: that real and lasting change is available. We want to both proclaim that change is available and to come alongside those seeking change in their life. We also want to motivate and train the body of Christ to provide a place for those seeking God’s will for their sexual identity.
Likewise, family members of persons with homosexual feelings need a safe place to share their concerns – without being forced to affirm the homosexual behavior of their loved ones or being accused of homophobia, hate, bigotry, etc., if they can’t in good conscience accept homosexuality as a viable lifestyle. Support groups are needed that will foster understanding, teach respect for differing opinions, and encourage reconciliation through healthy relating without the need to affirm homosexual behavior as good or right.
What We Believe
- All people are sinners and deserve God’s judgment (Rom. 3:23; 6:23)
- By His death on the cross, Jesus paid the price for our sins (Rom. 5:18)
- Our only hope is to turn away from our old way of living and through faith, receive Jesus Christ’s gift (Rom. 10:9-10)
- The concept of sexual orientation is extra-biblical (Gen. 1:27)
- The Bible forbids any sexual expression outside of a one man, one woman lifetime marriage commitment (1 Cor. 6:9-10; Gen. 2:24)
- Our ability to relate as men and women according to God’s plan requires a growing relationship with Jesus
- Persistent sexual and/or emotional attractions to the same gender are symptoms of deeper heart issues such as unforgiveness and self-pity
- The opposite of homosexuality is holiness, not heterosexuality
- God doesn’t require anything more for people dealing with homosexuality than anyone else – to become what by nature we are not and to conform to the image of Christ (Eph. 4:22-24)
How Can We Help You?
Reclamation Resource Center offers:
- Biblical Support Meetings
- Renewed Hope – drop-in meetings for families
- Transformed Hearts – drop-in meetings for overcomers
- Growing in Grace – Pastoral care discipleship series
- Seminars and Speaking
- Help for Families