1. The False Prophet is mentioned four times in Scripture: as the beast that comes out of the earth (Rev. 13:11), and by name in Revelation 16:13, 19:20 and 20:10.
2. The False Prophet, having come from the earth, is apparently a Jew (Rev. 13:11).
3. The False Prophet is “like a lamb” in his imitation of Christ, but speaks “like a dragon” (Rev. 13:11, cf. Mt. 7:15).
4. The False Prophet is a mouthpiece for the Devil (Rev. 13:11).
5. The False Prophet is subservient to the Antichrist and operates under his delegated authority (Rev. 13:12).
6. The False Prophet is the great, demon-possessed (Rev. 16:13) priest of the Tribulation Period (Rev. 13:12, cf. 2 Thess. 2:3-13).
7. The False Prophet duplicates the fire miracle of Elijah (1 Kgs. 18:36-39) in an effort to prove divine origin for himself and Antichrist (Rev. 13:13, cf. Ex. 7:11).
8. The False Prophet’s miracles are designed to deceive (Rev. 13:14, cf. Mt. 24:24). See also 2 Peter 1:19.
9. The False Prophet will build a Nebuchadnezzar-like image (Dan. 3) and cause the world, over whom he holds the powers of life and death, to worship (Rev. 13:15; 20:4).
10. The False Prophet will use the mark of the beast (Antichrist) to control the economics of the world (Rev. 13:16-18).
11. The False Prophet is cast into the Lake of Fire (Rev. 19:20; 20:10).